About Me

As a certified arborist in Vermont, I am involved in a million different elements of tree work. I am currently working with Heritage Tree Care, run by Beth Fuehrer (another Certified Arborist) and Patrick Grant. I get January, February, and some of March off due to insanely cold weather. Since I prune, plant, shear, remove, cable, and assess all types of trees, I am in awesome shape, and work outside all week long. For those that work in an office, my apologies.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's Finally Warm





Thus was Lambert sitting in the glorious sun in Ripton, as I monkeyed around in a 100+ foot white pine.

It was 80 degrees F yesterday. Two weeks ago, there was 5 feet of snow behind my garage. I rode my motorcycle in a t-shirt yesterday, and did not freeze to death.

This is California weather. And we are loving it. It makes us nervous, though. For example, the NOAA issued a fire warning for today. Meaning, it is so hot and dry that there could be fires around Vermont. And two weeks ago it was snowing.

Tree work has been cool lately. Here are a couple of links to videos that I took of recent stuff.


Movie One
has me climbing around in a mammoth white pine in Ripton, Vermont. We pruned it and took out dead wood. I ascended the tree using ascenders, the first time I have done such a thing. It got me up the tree fast and tirelessly.


Movie Two, Movie Three, Movie Four, and Movie Five show Mike Lambert taking down a set of poplars in a place called Southwind in Burlington. We normally shear hedges and prune shrubs in this condo complex, but for this job we actually did tree work, which was a massive, unbelievable relief.


And for one of the first jobs we did of the season, here is a shot of Mike Sabatino taking down what I think is a hickory in North Hero, Vermont. The dude rules. There was snow and ice on the ground during this job. We slipped on the ice. The truck and chipper were miles away because we couldn't bring them down the driveway.

But today (April 23, my brother's birthday), it is supposed to be like a million degrees again. We are off to another condo complex that looks like a cross between Disneyland and a hospital. Fun stuff.

No comments: