About Me

As a certified arborist in Vermont, I am involved in a million different elements of tree work. I am currently working with Heritage Tree Care, run by Beth Fuehrer (another Certified Arborist) and Patrick Grant. I get January, February, and some of March off due to insanely cold weather. Since I prune, plant, shear, remove, cable, and assess all types of trees, I am in awesome shape, and work outside all week long. For those that work in an office, my apologies.

Friday, March 16, 2007

HEDGES! ARGH!






So, there you have it, folks: the greatest hedge work in the history of the world. Mike, Jordan, and I worked on a massive number of hedges at a condo place called Southwind, which is about 5 minutes from where I live. We reduced the hedges by about three feet; you can see what this entailed by looking at the pictures (snip, snip, chop, chop, chip, chip). The idea behind the madness is this: privet hedges grow like wildfire (approximately 25 inches in a season). If you reduce them significantly, they grow more intensely. The hedges we were working on had never really been reduced or maintained correctly. Therefore, they were unsightly, wide, and filled with dead wood. We came to the rescue, and made sure that, come spring, these would be the greatest looking hedges in the world. I'll report back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, you goddamn guys ruined the place where my innocent 19 year old daughter likes to sunbathe. I am hopping mad. Why cannot I live in total freedom eventhough I live in a goddamn condo? I am an American and fiercely proud of it.

Unknown said...

Are you doing crown height reduction on those hedges?? Those things look like they got hit with a lawnmower.

John said...

crown height reduction? lordy: more like "take the top of the hedge and totally remove it". but, boy do all the condo dwellers love us. all except the chainsmoking evil lady...