About Me

As a certified arborist in Vermont, I am involved in a million different elements of tree work. I am currently working with Heritage Tree Care, run by Beth Fuehrer (another Certified Arborist) and Patrick Grant. I get January, February, and some of March off due to insanely cold weather. Since I prune, plant, shear, remove, cable, and assess all types of trees, I am in awesome shape, and work outside all week long. For those that work in an office, my apologies.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Oaks on Mallett's Bay!







Yesterday, Friday, we worked on three large oak trees right on Mallett's bay, here in Colchester, Vermont. Pretty sweet, eh? The goal was to "dead wood" the trees (get rid of all the dead branches in the trees), and remove any unsafe, structurally unsound limbs. Mike Lambert, in the first picture (look hard, and you will see him near the top of the middle tree), removed a fairly large limb that was split right down the middle. We lowered it with a rope and had to attached a tag line, which allowed us to pull the piece into the yard (otherwise it would have landed in a hedge).

In the second picture you can see me, in the tree to the right, and Jordan, in the other tree. I think I am setting my tie-in point, and Jordan is still climbing. The temperature at the time of the photo was approximately 0 to 4 degrees F. Meaning, it was really, really cold. However, overall, a wonderful tree to climb and a beautiful day to do it in. On Monday, we are off to trim hedges! Yippee!

1 comment:

Musik Line said...

i had no idea it snowed in vermont.