About Me

As a certified arborist in Vermont, I am involved in a million different elements of tree work. I am currently working with Heritage Tree Care, run by Beth Fuehrer (another Certified Arborist) and Patrick Grant. I get January, February, and some of March off due to insanely cold weather. Since I prune, plant, shear, remove, cable, and assess all types of trees, I am in awesome shape, and work outside all week long. For those that work in an office, my apologies.

Monday, March 5, 2007

The New Dude




Today, the first real work day for the newly-minted Limbwalker Tree Service. We finally found a decent human being in the form of Jordan Fletcher, who took down the above willow tree in exceptional fashion. You can also see part two of Limbwalker, Mike Lambert, being a slave and dragging brush to our monstrous chipper. Awe inspiring stuff, folks. But seriously, Jordan has the knack, something we have been lacking for the past year with all the others we have hired (Lambert being the exception). Jordan is like me in that: he has a Masters degree; he taught prior to doing tree work; and he is a furniture maker (well, I make furniture, and would never call myself a furniture maker). We differ in that he has two kids and is married. I have no kids and am getting married. Sweet.

So, for today, we went to Richmond to tear down the fairly large willow tree photographed above. There are three willows along the drive in various states of destruction. We were supposed to take down all three, but since this is a job for Mike's wife's cousin, it is free. Mike used it as a training day. Not bad. Check out the snow bank we were climbing around: at least three feet deep. When we arrived at the site, it was snowing like mad. And the temperature plummeted throughout the day, going from around 35 to 20. And tomorrow it is supposed to be 2. No typo there: 2 degrees F.

2 comments:

fatangoleiro said...

You tree workers are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool.
I want to be in a tree right now.
Instead i am in this stupid office.
Remind me to share a smidgeon of the cool stuff I have been learning recently about this whole blog world. (Over a home brew.)

Jason and Shana said...

Hey... Go subscribe to our blog. Like now. I said so. And come by later for dessert. Or something.